Making disaster recovery processes reliable and repeatable is critical to business survival. The dependence of business operations on data means the financial costs of downtime are significant. Minimize those costs through automating your disaster recovery process as much as possible, including the use of Disaster Recovery as a Service (DRaaS).
Automating disaster recovery through DRaaS offers significant benefits that reduce the impact of downtime:
- Backup and recovery environments are available. With DRaaS, your backup environment is maintained and supported to provide high availability for both backups and recovery. There are no worries about media being damaged or disks improperly formatted; backed up data can't be accidentally deleted. The data that was backed up can be immediately accessed for recovery.
- Backup and recovery are complete. Automation means users can't omit a critical step in the backup or recovery process; it means they can't omit a critical system from the process, either. Whether data and applications reside in the main office, a branch, or in the cloud, DRaaS provides support for their recovery.
- Dependency on staff availability is reduced. In the case of a true disaster, you may not have a fully staffed IT team on site to implement your recovery process. Automation and DRaaS make it possible to recover systems even when staffing is limited.
- Improved ability to meet RTOs. The automation that comes with DRaaS improves the efficiency of executing the steps necessary to recover. Dependent tasks are triggered as soon as their predecessors complete successfully; there are no delays while staff figure out the next step or pause for coffee. Systems are brought back on line as rapidly as possible.
- Recovery scales as your storage scales. DRaaS simplifies the growth of your recovery site as your primary site grows. You can grow your storage on demand, and the performance of your recovery process scales as well.
- Recovery is easier to manage. The admin consoles that are part of DRaaS make it easy for you to track and oversee your backup and recovery processes. The functionality of the consoles turns complicated tasks into one-step operations.
- Disaster recovery is cost effective. Without DRaaS, disaster recovery can be costly. Maintaining a secondary site with idle equipment requires capital outlays. You also need to retain staff with the skills to execute the necessary backup and recovery steps. DRaaS eliminates both those capital and operating expenditures.
- Disaster recovery is testable. Using DRaaS allows you to test your recovery procedures with minimal impact on your production environments. This gives you assurance that your recovery procedures are complete and effective. With a successful test in your DRaaS environment, you can rest assured that your business will be able to restore operations after a disaster hits.
Disaster recovery as a service from dcVAST provides complete support for your disaster recovery process, with 24x7 support available to ensure your rapid recovery. Download our guide to Disaster Recovery as a Service or contact us to learn how to use DRaaS to protect your business.